Sunday, July 25, 2010

For My Swap Partners

I totally "stole" this idea from someone on my favorite sites, Craftster. When I find out who it is, I will update this post. This is so my swap partners know a little more about me.

About me!

I'm im my mid 30s. Born November 1974, do the math lol. I'm happily married to my wonderful husband for 12 years now. We have 6 cats (yeah I'm the Crazy Cat Lady) No kids, but we are working on that. I have a degree in graphic design, but I currently work as a receptionist at a hair salon (best job ever!!!)

Ethical preferences: I'm an animal lover (obviously) but I'm not a crazy PETA type.

My favourite colours: I love blues and jewel tones. Charcoal gray is one of my favorite colors. I likeearth tones too. Not a big fan of pastels tho. I also have to watch what green and yellow tones I wear. My hair is dark brown, almost black,and I have a reddish cast to my skin (Cherokee Indian)

Fabrics I like: I love Indian textiles, richly embellished embroidery, Oriental or Asian fabrics. I like batik prints and nature inspired prints. I'm not too keen on granny floral or gingham type stuff. I probably lean towards the more gothic style, so skulls would be a winner too! I also love stripes.

Yarns I like: Hand-spun wool, stuff I can felt, or really interesting knobbly stuff. I love space-dyed multi-coloured yarn, yarn with sparkly bits in, mixed fibres, Indian sari silks, novelty yarns, anything really.

Jewelery: I like any metals, but I'm not a big fan of  gold. I especially like old, antiqued metals. I like muti-strand necklaces and charms. Glass beads and any gemstone is a good thing.

Scents I like: I really like earthy smells. I  also like floral smells, but not overpowering flower smells.

Crafts I do: I really enjoy sewing. I really like to make sock animals. I make organza, satin and silk flower clips. I also just started getting into paper crafting. I draw and paint. (I have a degree in art/graphic design) I haven't done cross stitch in years but I want to get back to it. I am also re-learning to crochet. I use to make jewelry too, but haven't done that in years, altho I have a ton of supplies.


Crafts I would like to try: Needle felting, knitting. Journals and bookbinding. Quilting. I think thats about it

Things I would like to receive: Anything like the stuff on my Wists, handmade journals, hand knitted socks, cloth menstrual pads, big messenger type bags with lots of pockets, hand made pottery. I love almost all hand made items! I am open to new experiences.


Craft Books: I have a quite a few craft  books. I would really like some on little crotched animals, and felting

Other things I do: I like to read. I watch ALOT of tv. I really enjoy playing Rockband on the Wii. I alsolike Hidden Object games. The hubby and I just started playing tennis. I enjoy playing and spending time with my cats. I LOVE the beach, we just live to far away to go more then once a year. (or 2 years) I love NYC and have been there 5 times. I love audiobooks, I listen to them at night to help me sleep.

Books I read: My all time favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, Stephen King, Stephanie Meyer. I like Sci-fi and fantasy books. Love the Harry Potter series. James Patterson. A Series of Unfortunate Events. The Eragon Series.

Films I like: LOTR,  Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Edward Scissorhands, any film by Tim Burton (add Johnny Depp to that and WOW) The Color Purple (I love films that take place  in that time period) To Kill a Mockingbird

Favourite styles: Art Nouveau, Gothic-ish, Steampunk. Not keen on country cutesy stuff. I like that Tim Burton style: dark and kind of creepy lol. But I'm open to many different styles.

Favourite themes: Nature, cats, dragons, mushrooms, animals, owls, fantasy, sci-fi, Gothic fairies, the ocean, sunsets, elves,Halloween, Tim Burton

Favourite music: I listen to a  little of everything. I prefer Metal/Rock. I also like Classic Rock. Anything that I can dance to lol
My house is full of color, I'm not afraid of it! And rich warm woods. I love growing flowers in my garden.  I can't have any plants in the house because the cats eat them and then yack them up. I have several old quilts that my great aunt made on my bed, I love them. I love stuffed animals, I still have a bunch from when I was a kid.

2 comments:

  1. The New York Pass is like a credit card - which gives you absolutely cash free entry to over 80 New York tourist attractions.

    It is kind of like an all-inclusive holiday - once you've got your New York Pass you don't have to pay to get into any of the sights covered by the pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It has been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - SPORTS BETTING ROBOT

    ReplyDelete