Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mod Podge

Years ago, I Mod Podged some dried flower petals (that came from my garden) onto a photo box. It looked pretty nice then. Cut to now, and the petals have turned brown and chipped away. So I thought I would Mod Podge fabric over it.













Top of the box.











First I Mod Podged the top of the box. I let it get good and dry.











The dark streaks is from the Mod Podge being too thick in places and soaking thru the fabric. I ended up putting a couple of layers of MP to seal it and get rid of the streaks. Unfortunately, this also darkened the fabric.








I then did the sides. I folded the fabric like you would a present and made sure the fabric went all the way over, into the inside of the lid for a more finished look. I then put a couple of coats on to seal it all up.









TA-DA!!! Finished! The top bubbled up a little in some places. I'm not sure if that's because I didn't use enough MP to glue it to the top or if I didn't smooth it down enough. But all in all, not a bad job. And it definitely looks better then it did lol. Now I have 5 more to do lol.







Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment